My kids love popcorn, I’m sure yours do too. I make my own – because it’s easy, and most popcorn sold in Taiwan is sweet. Strangely enough I grew up in another culture that liked sweet popcorn. Still haven’t gotten around to enjoying sugar on my popcorn yet. But this is honey, so it doesn’t count 🙂
1. Pop your popcorn however you do… I use a soup pot, some oil and about 1/3- 1/2 c. popcorn kernels. Once popped, I’m not sure how many cups that is.
2. Melt 2 TB butter with 1/4 c. honey and 1/4 c. peanut butter (I used natural peanut butter ground up by my sister in law 謝謝!)
3. Let it bubble a bit, but stir it well so it doesn’t burn. Take it off the heat once it thickens up a bit.
4. Pour the mixture over your popcorn, and give it a good mix.
5. Spread your popcorn on cookie sheets (for me that was 2 because I use a toaster oven) Sprinkle with salt. I really like how the salt cuts through the sweet honey so I use about 1/2 tsp.
6. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 375 until brown – not burnt!
Let cool and enjoy.