Hey I’m still alive – just barely though. My 婆婆 came to help us out for a month while my ribs healed. Which meant that I got a lot of rest, but nothing done 🙂 I thought up a zillion projects, attempted to do some, and then realised – I can’t do that! Ribs hurt. Grr…
Here’s one I’ve thought about a while, and actually completed a month before. I know, there are a million of these tutorials online, but none for Taiwan… so there 🙂 Here’s what you need:
1. old pallet boards (I found mine lying along a paddy road behind some warehouses, and NO, they were not in use, just dumped. I helped myself.)
2. remove the rusty old nails – carefully. I found it difficult to remove all of them because they were sunk into the wood. So, I just nailed them down in the back. Not the best idea, but time efficient.
3. paint if you want another color besides “weathered”
4. this is where my hack comes in… my printer broke, and I haven’t replaced it yet. So I chose a font I liked, wrote out the phrase I wanted in my word document, enlarged it until it fit the size I wanted on the board, and traced it carefully with a felt tipped pen.
5. traced over my paper with a ball point pen onto my board -FIRMLY, so the outline of the letters would be impressed onto the soft wood.
6. painted the outlined letters with a small flat edged brush in my color of choice.